I have been hanging on to this fabric for almost a year now with the intention of making a sewing machine cover. I found the fabric on one of our trips to Tokyo while we were still living in Japan but it has taken me a while to finally sew it into a cover. It is the perfect sewing room fabric.
I had just enough of the blue piping left from the Doggy Duvet project to add to the cover. I only had 3" I didn't need. It was meant to be used for this!
I used iron on interfacing in a medium weight to help keep the shape of the cover.
The cover is actually a bit wider than my machine so it can sit over the cords without bunching on the side.
The colors tie in well with my colorful vintage inspired sewing space.
The small wire dress form with hooks was also a Japanese find.