The bench for the entry way finally met the can of spray paint this week. Here it is outside so I could get better pictures of it. I built it using more of the plans over at the Knock Off Wood site. Sadly it is one of my last building projects for now. I am running out of room in the house! Matt has accused me using a small forest worth of wood already so he is lucky our house isn't big enough to accomodate more big projects.
You can see in this picture the splotchy finish on top. You can only see this at a certain angle for some reason. If you look straight at it you can't tell. It was windy when I was spraying the last coat on the top and I was having some trouble with the paint going on even so I think that caused it. I put a coat of poly on it this afternoon so I'll see if that solves the strange effect.