Sunday, October 11, 2009

Retro Triangles

I finished a quilt this week. I used 1 moda charm pack combined with a cream fabric (I know it looks white in the pictures). The finished size is 36x44 inches. It is a perfect baby size and you don't have to piece the backing. I failed to take a picture of the back but it is a green and white print so you'll just have to imagine it. For the time being the quilt is folded and hanging over the door of my fabric cabinet because the colors go so perfectly together. The weather was rainy/windy yesterday so I had to take the pictures indoors. Obviously the quality is quite lacking.



As you can see I top stitched 1/4" from each seam. Thank goodness the quilt wasn't any bigger. This part is so time consuming. I love how it turned out after I washed it. I wash nervous to wash it as the charm pack was not prewashed but my cream fabric, backing and binding had been washed. I like to wash all the new fabric I bring home so I was worried the shrinking would be uneven. The charm pieces didn't seem to shrink much at all and there was not any bleeding of colors. Maybe there will be more charm packs in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment