Using the tutorial from The Moda Bakeshop blog I created the coins using up some of my stash. Rather than using charm squares I just cut strips of fabric 2.5" wide and then cut them down to 5" long. I am working on piecing the back this weekend. I love this pattern because it works up quickly but looks so cute. I purposely tried to get out of my "matchy" fabric comfort zone and I am pleased with the results. Reds, pinks, greens and browns look coordinated but not boring. I only had enough white on hand to cut my strips the width of the fabric so I ended up shortening the coin stacks by 2 strips and the quilt worked up to be square. It is still a generous sized baby quilt.