Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sherbert Ruffles

I recently bought a size 8 dress at the thrift shop with thoughts of altering it to fit myself. For some reason the thought of taking it in to get a tailored fit was irritating me so I cut it up and made it into this sweet little outfit. I didn't like the idea of pulling out stitching and moving the bust darts mostly. I sewed this up inspiration from McCall's pattern M5559 http://http//
I base measurements off of the XL which seems to be about 24 months.

I didn't have enough fabric to make a diaper cover out of the same color so I used a very pale yellow that coordinated and then made some ruffles out of the scraps to tie them together. I think I like it better this way.

The bias trim on the leg openings is actually a golden orange color and not as it appears on the screen.

1 comment:

  1. stinkin' adorable, Laura! LOVE, LOVE the diaper cover. I still put those on windsor and we just call them her 2nd pair of panties ;) i need to write soon!!