Saturday, September 4, 2010

A skirt and a table

We needed a cheap but attractive option for a table between the love seat and couch. I decided on a skirted table to give a more cozy grounded feel to the corner and to help hide lamp cords.
Ballard has great round tables with skirts that can be purchased in many wonderful fabrics. These are not the round decorator tables of the 80s or 90s with the dowel legs that easily tipped. There are several other companies that also sell the basic tables. Of course purchasing from Ballard would not qualify as cheap as I mentioned was a requirement. What's a girl to do? Well make one, that's what!

                                                                  Above Image from Ballard Designs

I picked up this fabric because it was cheap and had a rustic linen look to it. I think it is around $4 a yard. For the size table skirt I made I needed about 4 yards I think. I can't remember exactly. I used a tutorial I found by googling round table skirts and it came out beautifully.
Using scrap wood and mdf we had leftover from other projects I made the table and shelf base. This table is extra sturdy and has been holding up well to run ins with a 70lb Labrador.

No comments:

Post a Comment