Thursday, November 4, 2010

5 already?

My eldest niece is turning 5 this month! What do you make for a girl that loves the color pink, cats, and skirts? A cute outfit with kitty fabric of course.
I used a vintage pattern to make a tunic style top out of this great retro looking fabric.
I combined views 1 & 3 to make the top.
 Sorry for the poor picture of the whole outfit. The light was not cooperating with my no frills camera.
 Cute rounded collar with pleat detailing on the bodice.
 Button cuffs
 The skirt is a self made pattern inspired by the Oliver + S pattern that is so cute. I just tried to see if I could make one and I think it turned out great.
You can see the fabric developed heat marks at the seams when I pressed it. This is a light denim fabric so I am not surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment